Are you looking for ways to improve your machining processes and become more lean? Here is 10 ways Machine-Ready Blanks can help:
- Machine-Ready Blanks are Lean – Blanks streamline processes, improve efficiency, save time, and free up resources
- Eliminate Material Prep – Machine-Ready Blanks arrive on your receiving dock individually packaged, deburred, clean, and ready to load directly into your CNC machine center
- Reduce Set Up Time – Machine-Ready Blanks are consistent blank-to-blank, streamlining fixturing and clamping
- Shorten Cycle Time – Machine-Ready Blanks can reduce overall cycle time by 25%, chip-to-chip
- Eliminate Materials Bottlenecks – No more time waiting for materials to be prepped, and the time saved can be redirected towards other high value work
- Reduce Flat Material Part Movement During CNC Machining – Residual stress introduced at the mill is relieved, which helps keep parts flat during and after machining
- Reduce Scrap – Starting with precision, near net size blanks improves quality and reduces scrap
- Receive Materials Just-In-Time – TCI Precision Metals can produce, warehouse, and ship Machine-Ready Blanks based on your production schedule
- Increase Shop Throughput – Overall you will produce more parts faster, without adding overhead, by starting the job with Machine-Ready Blanks
- Improve Quality – Starting with near net size, precision Machine-Ready Blanks improves quality of part and quality of process
What are Machine-Ready Blanks
Machine-Ready Blanks are pre-machined, square, or round, cut-to-size pieces of raw metal. They are saw cut, then ground and milled so that they are square and flat at tight tolerances.
By TCI supplying metal blanks that are pre-machined to your exact net shape, it allows your CNC machines to get right to final machining, without prep time.
Our customers use Machine-Ready Blanks in both tooling and production.
The accuracy of pre-machined blanks provides close tolerances and consistency from blank-to-blank. This eliminates material preparation, reduces set up time, streamlines fixturing, reduces scrap and reduces overall cycle time, chip-to-chip.
“Basically, we’ll supply the material, square it up and make ’em flat, so you don’t have to!”
Types of Machine-Ready Blanks
There are several types of Machine-Ready Blanks, but they all have one thing in common – Lean Manufacturing
- Custom – You provide sizes, tolerance, and quantity; we will make to order.
- Standard – Hundreds of preconfigured sizes, ready for shipment. New Online Store – Order Now
- Dovetail – Saw-cut blanks with one side custom dovetailed to your fixture for 4- and 5-axis machining.
- Manifold – Tight-tolerance, with or without porting and other features added.
- Feature-Added – Let us hog even more away, providing a near-net, precision shape.