Last Updated: September 17, 2021
1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information is any information from or about the users of our Site (1) by which you may be personally identified (such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, account number, or identifier number); (2) that is about your individually but does not specifically identify you by name (such as your IP address); or (3) any information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and your usage details.
We collect personal information in the following manner:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatic data collection devices.
- From third-parties.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you use our Site, engage in a transaction with or through us, register on the Site, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products or services, or when you otherwise contact us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
Data that Identifies You. This includes such identifying information as your full name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, usernames, passwords, authentication data, contact preferences, billing address, and financial information such as your credit card or debt card numbers, transaction details, and other similar information.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your transaction or order, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment-services vendor PayPal, Inc. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/privacy-full.
Shipping and billing Information. If you complete a transaction with us, we will collect your shipping and billing information (such as an address)—and, as necessary, any information required for customs clearance (such as tax ID numbers).
Information that you provide by contacting us. We may retain copies of your records or correspondences (including emails) when you contact us for any reason whatsoever. Personal information collected from your records or correspondence includes, without limitation, your full name, address, and transaction details.
Account Information. We collect your account-related information and details, including your username and email address.
Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information you provide us at the time of your account creation or registration to use our Site, subscription to any mailing list, your full name, mailing address, email address, telephone number, billing address, and financial information such as your credit card or debt card numbers.
Information that you provide us from social media sites. We collect information from your social media sites that we receive if you voluntarily link your social media postings to our Site.
If submitting your personal information to us, you warrant that you have the authority to do so and that the information you provide is true, complete, and accurate. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection
As you use our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your device and usage information, IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Site and other technical information.
The information we collect includes:
- Data That Is Generated as Part of Your Transaction with Us. Should you complete a transaction through us, we will collect transaction-related data such as transaction amounts, items purchased, items placed in your shopping carts, items you are watching or have saved, searches, and payment methods.
- Data Generated Through Your Use of Our Site. Even if you do not complete a transaction through us, we may collect data when you access or use our Site. Data collected includes, for instance, items you place in a shopping cart, items you have placed on wish (or watch) list, and your searches.
- Log and Usage Data. Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect log and usage data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Site. Such data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, language preferences, and settings and information about your activity on the Site (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called 'crash dumps') and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access our Site. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device's location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Site. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to refuse all or some cookies, alter you when cookies are being sent, or to remove cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. To learn how you can manage your Flash cookie settings, visit the Flash player settings page on Adobe's website.
Information We Collect Through Third Parties
In addition, we collect personal information from third parties, as permitted by law. Such information that we collect may come from various sources, including:
- Publicly available sources. We may collect personal information about you from publicly available sources such as government databases or any social media accounts (including without limitation Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn).
- Online payment service providers. When you complete a purchase on our Site, your purchase will be completed through our online payment-service provider, PayPal, Inc. We may collect personal information about you from our payment service providers.
- Credit card institutions and other payment partners. We use credit card institutions and payment processors to process payment of your order and to complete your transaction. We may obtain personal information from them in the process.
- Credit bureaus and agencies. We may obtain personal information from credit bureaus and agencies if you engage in, complete, or default on a transaction with us.
- Financial institutions. We may obtain personal information about you from financial institutions, such as banks, in connection with a transaction or contemplated transaction.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To process data for accomplishing the purposes of entering to a contract with you and executing it. We use personal information to perform and execute a contract with you for services we render or products we sell.
- To fulfill your orders and delivery of purchased products. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders and to enable delivery of the items you purchase by, for instance, coordinating shipping and handling with shipping service providers or carriers.
- To manage returns and exchanges made through the Site or the Company. We may use your personal information to manage returns and exchanges and/or issue refunds for products or services purchased through the Site or the Company.
- To process payment. We may use your personal information to ensure timely and full payment is made for any products and/or services that you purchase from us. Where necessary, we share your personal information with PayPal, Inc., our payment service provider.
- To enforce your payment obligations and to collect payment in the event you fail to timely pay for our products and services. We may use your personal information to enforce your payment obligations that you incur when you enter into one or more transactions with us. We may also use your personal information to engage in any collections process in the event you default on your obligations to make full and timely payment.
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process for the performance of the contract.
- For fraud mitigation, detection, and prevention. We may use your information for fraud mitigation, detection, and prevention purposes. For instance, we may use your personal information to monitor for fraudulent activities or money laundering.
- For security purposes. We may use your personal information for security purposes such as preventing, detecting, or mitigating security breaches.
- To respond to your inquiries and general customer support. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Site. We may use your information to provide you general customer support.
- To deliver you targeted marketing and promotional communications. We may use your personal information to send you targeted marketing and promotional communications about our products and services. We may use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness. When expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our Site, subscribing to marketing, or otherwise contacting us, we may use your personal information to deliver targeted marketing and promotional communications to you. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To request feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Site, our products, and/or services.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements. We may use your personal information to comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, for instance, to comply with any tax-reporting obligations, any validly-issued subpoenas or deposition notices, or to participate in any investigations or proceedings (judicial, arbitral, or administrative).
- To administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To post testimonials. We may use your personal information to post a testimonial about our products and services. Before doing so, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the content of the testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at email@example.com and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets. We may do whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
- For other business purposes. We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site, products, marketing, and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We may share your personal information for the following reasons:
- Consent: We may share your personal information if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. We may share personal information as reasonably necessarily to fulfill the purpose(s) for which you provide it to us.
- Performance of a contract. Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may share your personal information with our suppliers, vendors, contractors, affiliates, parent and subsidiary companies, and like to process, fulfill our obligations under our contract.
- Payment processing. We may process your personal information with our online payment service providers such as PayPal, Inc. and other payment providers/processors, such as credit card companies, for purposes of processing payment for any products or services you purchase from us. In addition, we may share your personal information with financial institutions (such as banks) or credit agencies or bureaus.
- Enforcing your obligations under any sales contract you entered with us. If you have entered into a contract with us, we may share your personal information as necessary to ensure that you comply with your contractual obligations, including, without limitation, your obligations to make timely and full payment. For instance, we may share your personal information for billing and collection purposes.
- Delivering your products. We may share your personal information with third-party shipping companies for purposes of delivering your products to you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may share personal information when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Sales, Mergers, and Acquisitions. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Subsequently, we will delete your personal information or, where that is possible, render such information useless so that it cannot be reconstituted or read.
5. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We take reasonable security measures to safeguard personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, misuse, or loss. These include, without limitation, physical, electronic, and technical and organizational security measures. We use firewalls and data encryption, for example, and physical access restrictions where applicable.
However, despite our best efforts and safeguards, no electronic transmission or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the Site within a secure environment.
6. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. However, as there no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy.
8. OPT-OUT OF MARKETING
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list. However, we may still communicate with you to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other nonmarketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update your preferences.
9. ACCOUNT INFORMATION
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, state, or locality you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. You may also review, change, or terminate your account with us.
To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request form by clicking here. You may also email us at email@example.com.
Please note: There may be situations where we cannot grant your request; for example, we may deny a deletion request where necessary to comply with a legal obligation, defend against legal claims, or where doing so would impair our anti-fraud and security efforts. Likewise, we may not terminate an account where that account is being investigated for fraud or security breaches.
11. WHAT RIGHTS DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE?
12. WHAT RIGHTS DO MEMBERS OF THE EU HAVE?
14. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us as follows:
Phone: 1-(800) 234-5613
Tool Components, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Department
240 E. Rosecrans Ave.
Gardena, California 90808